Bermans is a niche practice of commercial, forward-thinking lawyers with offices in Liverpool and Manchester.
Our partner-led approach to client service is underpinned by clear, uncomplicated legal advice.
We are a full service Commercial law firm who are market leaders in Asset Finance and Invoice Finance. Our team of highly experienced lawyers is able to provide specialist advice on a comprehensive range of Commercial legal issues.
Our key practice areas are:
- Asset Finance
- Invoice Finance
- Property and Construction
- Insolvency and Financial Rescue
- Debt Collection
- Intellectual Property and Media
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Private Client
Bermans has earned a strong national reputation due to our accessible approach and wealth of expertise which allows us to deliver expert practical advice to our clients in the most cost effective way possible.
Bermans, in partnership with Capitalise, gives you the opportunity to expand your business services and improve client satisfaction by finding the funding your client needs in minutes.
Capitalise empowers you to find, compare and select the right lending for your clients from the wider funding market. As an Advisor or Accountant, you are able to add value for your clients who require business funding by accessing up to 70 lenders in just 3 minutes, all whilst generating your own business rewards!
This service simplifies the search process and uses the latest technology to generate objective, intelligent matches for your clients.
From asset finance, invoice finance and trade finance to merchant cash advances, working capital loans and property funding, you'll be able to quickly and easily submit multiple applications with or on behalf of your client.
- Improve and expand your own business services by facilitating the relationship between your client and the lender
- Access 70 lenders in less than 3 minutes
- Submit to multiple lenders simultaneously
This is an aggressive insurance backed litigation product that provides a commercial dispute solution that removes all financial risk including up front cost in pursuing old and new debts and disputes.
In summary the key points are:
- Debt/Dispute of at least £25,000
- Go back up to 3 years
- Any type of dispute, bad debt, contractual, negligence etc.
The Benefits of using escalate to settle commercial disputes are:
- No Financial Risk - the client doesn't pay out unless we reach a successful conclusion
- No Initial Outlay - we pay for all of the up-front costs
- Rapid Results - we aim to get your money back in just 3 months; if we can't settle quickly, we have the financial backing to support you all the way to a High Court resolution (including cover for all disbursement costs such as court, barrister and experts' fees).
- A fixed fee basis - complete transparency from the start
A service for protecting, developing and exploiting your Intellectual Property (IP).
The audit focuses on 5 core steps:
- Identification - review of current IP and potential opportunities and threats
- Capture - ensure relevant controls and processes are in place and secure
- Protect - generation and lock down of IP rights such as trade marks and patents
- Educate - provide guidance and training for developing IP strategy and management
- Exploit - commercial guidance for exploitation such as licensing, enforcement, fund raising and selling
- Accurately report the value of your IP on your balance sheet, adding value to your business
- Raise funding or extract wealth on the basis of your IP portfolio being identified as a new asset
- Identify IP assets on which you may be able to take advantage of tax incentives
- Remedy flaws and weaknesses in your IP portfolio
- Identify new income streams for your business
- Save money by cutting unnecessary investment in redundant IP
- Develop a clear strategy for the ongoing management and protection of your IP